Welcome to the 4th round of Bring IT!
This right here, is also my 200th blog post on nittyGriddy ;)! Pretty wild eh?
So, Hooray to me for making it this far and probably writing as many words as Shakespeare and Cheers to my next 200 posts!
And no, I did NOT just compare myself to one of the greatest writers in history, I simply implied that I may have written as many pages as he has. For those of you who know me, this is where you’d nod your head in agreement.
Now I’m sure you’re getting tired of hearing me express my excitement about this series, and you’re probably right. But you have to give me credit for finding new and original ways of telling you how awesome the conversation was the week before.
Seriously folks, I’m not kidding. A lot of people had A LOT to say about comments and RT’s. I guarantee that you’ll learn a thing or two about some of your favorite bloggers. I did!
Seeing that this post is a milestone in my blogging journey, I think this week’s question is rather complementary.
Are you ready to Bring IT!?
Great! Now tell me…
How Do You Stay Motivated to Blog?
What keeps you coming back to write on your blog day after day, month after month?
As for Me…
Is it the revenue?
I don’t make any money from this blog yet, and I don’t have other mouths to feed.
There are times when I get sidetracked. I become so overwhelmed with what I should or could be writing that I get annoyed. So I procrastinate and tell myself the world won’t come to an end if I don’t publish something today. I try to ignore the lump of guilt that sits in my throat until I post my next piece.
Blogging isn’t easy. It’s tough to keep the focus and momentum going week after week. I’m sure you know what I mean.
But then I realize that I’m still sitting in front of the computer – annoyed and all, but still sitting with an itch to write. I believe they call it persistence.
Except for my 2 weekly series which obviously keep me motivated, I don’t have a set posting schedule.
So how do I muster the motivation I need?
- I think of the community I’ve built and my readers who expect to see something new and interesting when they stop by.
- I think how my next blog post could attract new visitors.
- I re-read the many emails and comments with feedback that I’ve received.
- I try and stick to topics that interest me.
- I think of myself helping others or how my words could entertain them.
- I remember the goals that I set for myself publicly. They encourage me to keep at it so that I don’t disappoint myself and my readers.
- I look at my Twitter stream and realize that my work is being shared. Retweets are always an added incentive.
- I compete with ME. I tell myself what I want my Alexa ranking or my traffic numbers to be next week.
- I think of the credibility and respect that I’m slowly earning from my peers.
- I re-read older posts and see how I’ve improved with time.
- I read success stories written by bloggers I trust and realize that I could eventually turn a profit.
- I take advantage of my energy peaks. If I’m on a roll, I keep writing. Even if I’ve just published a post, I start on the next one.
- I carry a little notebook with me where I jot down ideas for new posts.
There’s a few more that I can think of, but enough about me!
What About You?
How do you motivate yourself?
When you’re tired or not in the mood, what do you do that helps?
[image credit: via askGeorgie.com]