While reading one of my favorite blogs, Mashable – a well known and highly regarded social media guide, i came across a post they published a few days ago called, “sleep talkin’ man is a viral sensation“. The article directs you to a blog entitled, “Sleep talkin’ man“, which is indeed, as the Mashable author, Brenna Ehrilch described – hysterical!
The blog, which was launched almost a year ago by Karen Slavick, revolves around her husband’s newly developed sleep disorder, otherwise known as somniloquy – or someone who talks in their sleep. In this case, it’s not so much a disorder as it is a sleeping goldmine.
‘Sleep talkin’ man’ features the night to night ramblings of Karen’s ‘mild mannered english husband, adam’ – who spurts out some ridiculously funny and wacked out stuff while he snoozes – some of which include:
- “My donkey. That’s my donkey. Get off my donkey! You know, you’re not some super-star donkey jockey. Piss off.”
- “Babies don’t bounce. They don’t bounce! Shame. It’d be much more fun if they bounce.”
- “Just look at yourself. Yeah, now look at me. You don’t stand a chance. It must suck to be you, I’m sure.”
- “Flap’s on fire. Your flap’s on fire! Chili in the vagiiiiina. I’m a bad bad boy.”
- “It’s CHICKEN and you LIKE IT. Lentil-loving, bean burger-shitting wanker.”
- “Your mum’s at the door again. Bury me. Bury me deep.”
- “I haven’t put on weight. Your eyes are fat.”
- “Now fuck off and let me bask in the glory of being me.”
The site has benefited from tons of well deserved attention with over 2 million unique visitors to date and thousands of followers both on Twitter and Facebook (I’m sure that Mashable’s post played quite a role in boosting the numbers) as well as international media coverage.
The blog itself is very simple, as it consists of daily diary-style postings; but at the same time it’s extremely unique. So if you’re in the mood for a good laugh, definitely visit Karen’s lovin’ and carin’ ‘Sleep Talkin’ Man‘.
All I can say is that if my hubby had such a profitable and effortless talent, I’d keep his ass on sleeping pills! 😉
[image credit: sleep talkin’man]