Do you want to spice up your sex life?
It’s actually a rhetorical question, because afterall, who doesn’t? unless your genes carry a strand of the bonobo chimp’s, your answer is yes, yes, yes!
It just so happens that all the ingredients you need, can be found at your local market. and with Valentine’s Day right around the corner – a little extra jiggle and wiggle mixed with a bit of oumph will definitely leave you and your partner sizzling hot.
Since the dawn of time, it has been believed that certain foods increase the sexual drive of individuals – and certain others, decrease it. But, we’re not interested in those…
The following foods have been identified (by both scientists and regular horny folks) as being aphrodisiacs that have the power to boost your libido. Although you may already know of some, there are a few others which may just surprise you…and in a big way ;)!
- Oysters – the mother of aphrodisiacs. when it comes to oysters, it’s all about the zinc. they contain about 170% of your daily value. Although women benefit from a good dose of vitamins and trace minerals, men have the most to gain from the richness in zinc; an element that is vital for improving sperm count and regulating testosterone levels. But if the idea of slurping gooey oysters turns you off, you can always nibble on some pumpkin seeds or basil to get your fix. So ladies, if you want a tiger in the bedroom, start feeding him zzz…poonfull’s of zinc.
- Dark Chocolate – the almighty, yummy mojo. Dark chocolate is known to be rich in antioxidants and high in caffeine; two ingredients that turbo boost the libido and energy. So go ahead and indulge a little…order the darkest chocolate cake on the menu and relish the taste that is nothing less than…well, orgasmic!
- bananas – the key to the ignition. It’s not just their phallic shape – bananas are the ideal food to give you endurance in the bedroom. The healthy doses of potassium and vitamin b help boost the production of sex hormones.
- Garlic – open up and say ahhh. garlic opens up blood vessels and increases the flow to the sex organs. a natural viagra if you will. But don’t forget to brush your teeth before you get comfy under the sheets.
- Ginger – get your juices going. ginger improves blood flow to your sexual organs and contains vitamin c, zinc and magnesium. Not only does it spice up your food, but it adds a little spice to your sex life as well.
- Blueberries – fruity foreplay = fantastic fornication. Blueberries are loaded with soluble fiber which helps remove excess cholesterol. Like Viagra, they’re packed with compounds that help relax your blood vessels to allow for better flow. What this means – more blood to the penis and stronger erections. And if that’s not enough, studies have shown that they increase memory and concentration. Just think…if you consume enough blackberries, you’ll be able to rock her world at night and remember her name in the morning.
- Oatmeal – the snap, crackle and pop sex booster. If you didn’t eat breakfast before, this is a good reason to start. because what seems as boring and bland in the morning will leave you fit for action at night. Oats are high in magnesium and selenium, which are important for hormone production and regulation.
- Chili Peppers – hot spices = hot sex. Chilies stimulate the nervous system which in turn accentuate the effects of sexual arousal. Basically, the reaction your body gets from eating chili is similar to the one you experience when having sex.
There you have it!
Who would have thought that eating certain nutritional foods would not only leave you with a healthy body but with a healthy sexual appetite as well?!