earlier this month, at the consumer electronics show (ces) in las vegas, sony revealed their new touchscreen pocket device for surfing the web – otherwise known as dash. it looks like just about everyone is trying to compete with apple’s upcoming tablet – rumored to be launched tomorrow at a press event under the name ‘islate’. although very impressive so far, i don’t think the dash will pose as competition to the ‘big apple’s’ touchscreen tablet.
here are some of the highlights of sony’s personal internet viewer:
- will hit stores in april – priced at $199
- 7″ lcd touchscreen color display
- usb 2.0 interface
- accesses wireless home network to continuously deliver internet content
- access to 1,000+ free internet apps from chumby industries inc. –
- online photo access and sharing
- built-in stereo speakers to listen to internet radio or mp3’s
- can run multiple sources of content simultaneously
- can be placed in upright or flat positions
read more about the dash at crunch gear.
[image credit: www.wired.com]